Spring weather in Hopkinsville can be unpredictable. Raymond Nelson Insurance wants to prepare you for sudden weather changes with these severe weather tips:
Getting your home ready
- Ensure your gutters and downspouts are cleaned. Heavy rains should flow freely off your roof and drain well away from your home.
- Prune tree limbs and branches.
- In high winds, these branches can snap off and damage your home or power lines.
- Tree Trimming Tips
- Secure patio furniture and other yard items that could become projectiles in heavy winds.
- Outdoor trampolines can be blown several yards away and cause damage to property and people.
- Keep blinds and curtains closed to help protect against broken glass.
- Protect your vehicle from hail damage by tying down heavy blankets over it.
- A basic kit should include the following:
- Flashlight with fresh batteries
- Battery powered weather radio
- First aid kit*
- Sanitizing wipes
- At least a 3-day supply of canned or dried food and water.
- *The Federal Emergency Management Agency has a list of emergency supplies.
- Homeowners insurance typically covers wind damage and damage from hail and wind-driven rain that gets inside your home.
- Make sure you’re covered before these spring storms hit.
- Speak with your Raymond Nelson Insurance agent to ensure you have the proper coverage for all your insurance needs.
At Raymond Nelson Insurance, we go the extra mile to find the coverage that best protects what matters most, the business you’ve built and the people you love.
Our agents have over 100 years of combined experience helping people protect their businesses, homes and families. We provide all lines of coverage and pledge to use our expertise to find you insurance that is both affordable and gives you the complete coverage you need. Our top priority is compassionate, personalized service.
We always take the time to get to know each client and serve their best interests. Call us today at (270) 885-1800 or contact us online for more information.