Whether you’re traveling or wrapping up summer chores this Labor Day weekend, Raymond Nelson Insurance has some helpful hints to stay safe.
The Labor day weekend is one of the busiest on the road. If you’re planning a weekend excursion, follow these tips:
- Make sure you’re well rested
- Plan for frequent rest stops
- Divide driving duties if possible
- Have your vehicle checked to avoid a breakdown
- Pack a vehicle emergency kit with:
- Jumper cables
- Tool kit
- Tire gauge
An estimated 15,600 fireworks injuries were treated in US emergency rooms last year.
Here are some precautions to take:
- Only light one at a time
- Never allow any horseplay while fireworks are being set up or ignited
- If a firework malfunctions, don’t re-light it
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks
- Never use fireworks while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Go here for more firework safety tips
Make sure you keep it safe.
- Carry all safety equipment, including:
- Keep away from restricted areas
- Be familiar with the rules of the water
- Notify someone on land where you’re going and what time to expect you back
Hydration and sunscreen
It’s the end of the summer, but it’s still hot outside! Make sure you apply sunscreen and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
Remember – an accident is never planned, but keeping these safety tips in mind may help prevent one.
Speak with your Raymond Nelson Insurance agent to ensure you have the proper coverage for all your insurance needs.
At Raymond Nelson Insurance, we go the extra mile to find the coverage that best protects what matters most, the business you’ve built and the people you love. We always take the time to get to know each client and serve their best interests. Give us a call today at (270) 885-1800 or contact us online for more information.