Raymond Nelson Insurance has a few safety tips you and your family can follow to ensure you have a safe and Happy Halloween!
There are so many different exciting parts of Halloween such as the costumes, trick-or-treating around the neighborhood, and lots of candy to name a few. Keep your friends and family safe this year with these tips!
- All costumes and accessories should be fire-resistant.
- Use reflective tape on costumes and bags or give children glow sticks to carry.
- Make sure make-up is non-toxic and remove all make-up before going to bed.
- For more costume safety tips visit my alarm center.
- Always have adults accompany small children.
- Plan out a safe route in advance for older kids to follow if they’re going alone and agree on a specific time for them to return home.
- Children should be warned to never enter a stranger’s home or car.
- Travel in well-lit areas of familiar neighborhoods and stick together with family or friends.
- Tell children to not eat any treats until they return home and it’s inspected.
- Put the phones and electronics away! Keep your heads up and be alert especially when crossing streets.
Safety Tips for Motorists
- Watch for children on roadways, medians, and curbs.
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys carefully.
- Watch especially for children wearing dark costumes or clothing.
- Don’t let inexperienced drivers drive on Halloween.
- Make sure your walkway and yard are safe for trick-or-treaters.
- Remove tripping hazards such as toys, bikes, lawn decorations, and garden hoses.
- Make sure your outdoor lights are working properly.
- Sweep sidewalks of wet leaves or snow.
- Keep pets inside or on a leash.
At Raymond Nelson Insurance, we go the extra mile to find you the coverage that best protects what matters most, the business you’ve built, and the people you love. We always take the time to get to know each client and serve their best interests. Give us a call today at (270)885-1800 or contact us online for more information.