Raymond Nelson Insurance has all the steps you should take and information you should know if you’re involved in a minor accident
- Fear, panic, and shock are common emotions one might experience after being involved in an accident.
- Take a few deep breaths to try and calm yourself down.
Check yourself for injuries
- Examine your body for any cuts, sprains, or fractures.
- If you discover any injuries and are able to, call 911 for help.
- If you are able to move, get out and move away from the vehicle.
Check on passengers and other vehicle’s occupants
- The well-being of others is just as important as yours, so if you’re able to, check on the others involved in the accident.
- If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately.
Call and talk to the police
- Tell the police exactly what happened or at least to the best of your knowledge.
- Honesty is key and there may be street cams or witnesses so it’s not worth it to lie or twist the real story.
- When two or more people are involved, take down the following information from the other drivers.
- Driver’s license and plate number.
- Full name and contact information of everyone involved.
- Type, model, and color of the car or cars involved.
- Use your cell phone to take pictures of
- All vehicles involved in the accident
- All damage from different angles
- Any personal injuries
Get a report
- The police officers should likely draft a police report which you can request.
- If they don’t, start writing down additional information such as
- Date and time of the accident
- Names of witnesses
- These pieces of information can be helpful when getting insurance claims settled.
Call your insurance company
- Do this from the scene of the accident.
- Your insurance company may have specific information they will want you to take note of.
- This will help in easing the stress during your insurance claim process.
- They will also inform you of the best options to take.
At Raymond Nelson Insurance, we go the extra mile to find you the coverage that best protects what matters most, the business you’ve built, and the people you love. We always take the time to get to know each client and serve their best interests. Give us a call today at (270)885-1800 or contact us for more information.