Memorial Day is a huge travel weekend and RNI wants you and your family to stay safe! Here are a few tips to keep in mind for a fun but safe weekend
According to the National Safety Council, an average of 358 fatal accidents happen per year during the Memorial Day weekend. Protect your family with these tips:
Avoid driving under the influence or if tired
- Never drive while intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Avoid driving if you’re tired, drowsy, or impaired in any way.
Take your car in for routine maintenance
- Get your oil changed, especially if you can’t remember the last time you did.
- Check your tire pressure.
- Make sure you have windshield wiper fluid and test your wipers to make sure they’re working properly.
Practice safe driving
- Always wear your seat belt and make sure all passengers are buckled up as well.
- Observe speed limits and traffic signals.
- Maintain a safe distance from the car in front of you.
Focus on driving
- Distracted driving accounts for an increased number of accidents. Distractions include:
- Talking to passengers.
- Changing the radio station.
- And TEXTING. Never text while driving!
- Have an emergency kit in your vehicle that includes:
- A first-aid kit
- Roadside safety kit
Never leave kids unattended
- Leaving children in your car for even a few minutes while running into the store can be dangerous. Temperatures inside an automobile can increase to deadly levels quickly.
Get plenty of sleep before driving
- Get at least seven hours of sleep before beginning your trip.
- Take breaks along the way to stay fresh and alert.
Pack healthy road trip snacks
- Carrots and almonds are two filling, healthy options to help you avoid stopping for fast food.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water for maximum energy.
- Of course, you may have to stop more often for bathroom breaks!
Above all, we at Raymond Nelson Insurance want you to have a safe and happy holiday weekend.
At Raymond Nelson Insurance, we go the extra mile to find you the coverage that best protects what matters most, the business you’ve built, and the people you love. We always take the time to get to know each client and serve their best interests. Give us a call today at (270)885-1800 or contact us for more information.