With car theft on the rise, it’s important to protect your car and valuables. Raymond Nelson Insurance has some tips on preventing your car or car parts from being stolen.
Car theft and car parts theft is on the rise.
- According to Claims Journal, car theft is on the rise.
- This is partially due to the rising costs of automobiles plus the fact that so many parts, such as the catalytic converters, are in demand.
Here are some tips to keep your car and belongings safe:
- Lock your vehicle. This may seem obvious, but many people forget to lock their car doors. Always lock all doors and windows before leaving your car, even if you’ll only be gone for a few minutes.
- Park in a safe area. When choosing a parking spot, find a well-lit area with plenty of foot traffic. If you must park on the street, avoid parking next to alleys or other secluded areas.
- Don’t leave valuables in your car. If you must leave something valuable, ensure it’s out of sight. Don’t leave items like laptops, phones, or purses on the seat or dashboard where they can be easily seen.
- Install an anti-theft device. Many anti-theft devices are on the market, from steering wheel locks to GPS tracking systems. Consider installing one to deter thieves.
Following these simple tips can help protect your car and belongings from theft. Remember, prevention is the best defense against theft. Stay safe out there!
At Raymond Nelson Insurance, we go the extra mile to find the coverage that best protects what matters most, the business you’ve built and the people you love. We always take the time to get to know each client and serve their best interests. Call us today at (270) 885-1800 or contact us online for more information.