Travel insurance helps protect you when unexpected things happen before or during trips. Getting travel insurance for the holidays can be a wise decision for several reasons. While the specific coverage may vary depending on the policy and provider, here are some common reasons to consider purchasing travel insurance:
- Travel plans can be disrupted due to unexpected events such as illness, injury, or death of a family member. Travel insurance can help cover the costs if you cancel or interrupt your trip.
- Medical expenses can be high if you fall ill or get injured during your holiday, especially in a foreign country. Travel insurance often includes coverage for emergency medical expenses, including hospital stays and evacuation.
- If you have an accident or other problem with a rental car while traveling, rental car coverage helps pay certain expenses. It’s important to note that this doesn’t include liability coverage, which pays for damage to other vehicles or medical treatment of others if you’re found responsible for an accident.
Travel Assistance Services
- Many travel insurance policies offer 24/7 assistance services, providing support in emergencies, helping you find medical facilities, or assisting with travel arrangements.
Peace of Mind
- Knowing that you have financial protection in unforeseen circumstances can give you peace of mind and allow you to enjoy your holiday without worrying about potential risks.
- How much does it cost? This insurance typically costs 5-6% of your trip expenses. For a $5,000 trip, this averages around $228, with rates ranging from $154 for basic coverage to $437 for comprehensive protection. Learn more about the average cost of travel insurance.
At Raymond Nelson Insurance, we go the extra mile. We find the coverage that best protects what matters most – the business you’ve built and the people you love. We always take the time to get to know each client and serve their best interests. Call us today at (270) 885-1800 or contact us online for more information.