Having life insurance is a wise decision and having it through your employer is a great benefit, but are you getting enough coverage for your family? Raymond Nelson Insurance has some answers.
Is it enough?
- Research shows that one of every three families would be in financial hardship in less than a month if they lost a primary wage earner.
- That amount increases to 70% within six months.
- You need enough life insurance to replace your paycheck for as long as needed.
- For example – until your children leave home or your mortgage is paid off.
- To see how much insurance you’ll need, use this calculator.
What if you lose your job?
- Group life insurance is an employee benefit that ends when your employment ends.
- If going to a new job, you might not be able to get group insurance right away, or maybe not at all if it’s not offered.
No extra benefits
- Group coverage may be affordable but it’s also pretty basic.
- Unlike group insurance, getting your own life insurance can get you more benefits like:
- Life insurance that lasts a lifetime.
- The ability to get part of the death benefit early in cases such as terminal illness diagnosis.
- And another feature can extend coverage to other members of your family.
- Find out about Term Life vs Whole Life insurance HERE.
For these reasons, you might want to consider your employee group benefit as a supplement to your own individual policy.You can tailor your insurance policy to suit your life and customize it to meet your needs.
Speak with your Raymond Nelson Insurance agent to ensure you have the proper coverage for all your insurance needs.
At Raymond Nelson Insurance, we go the extra mile to find the coverage that best protects what matters most, the business you’ve built and the people you love. We always take the time to get to know each client and serve their best interests. Call us today at (270) 885-1800 or contact us online for more information.